Thursday, June 17, 2010

Boise, Deer Slaughtering, Potty Training

A couple weeks ago we went to Boise for the baby blessing of Reese. It was great because we got to see lots of family. Unfortunately I don't have the pics to show for it. We started our voyage at 9pm on Tuesday and at 130am, out in the middle of no where, we hit a deer. It was lazily crossing the road, and the speed limit was 75MPH and Wes was going about 80MPH, and we hit it in the head on the left side of the van...oh yeah, we have a van now. Needless to say the deer didn't know what hit and, I'm sure, had an amazingly quick and painless exit of this life. The van retained massive damage. It was sad, because just the Sat. before Wes had washed, waxed, and put on a protective bra on the van for our road trip. Anyway, after a sleepless night and then a morning of insurance processing, we slacked on picture taking the next couple days.
I am now potty training Westin and he is doing GREAT...so far! I figured what better time than when we don't have a car for 2 weeks and are stuck at home. We started Monday in underwear, with water always near by. We have 2 potties, and yes, one is pink. He wears a diaper at naps and bedtime. The diaper has been dry after each nap and drive 2 mornings. The first day was ROUGH! I think we had one successful hit. The 2nd day was dramatically better and we had 7-9 successful hits! The 3rd day was great, because many of the times Westin was able to recognize that he needed to go to the potty, and thus we only had 2 accidents. Hopefully today will be good also. I don't want to get too excited that it's going so well, because I am giving us 3 weeks to really get it down. We'll see, but he is really doing a great job so far.

Westin and cousins Steven and Sydney at the Boise Zoo.


2 comments:

annabell bash said...

Oh my gosh! So sorry about the van - what a traumatic experience that must have been! Glad you guys are okay. Woo-hoo for potty training! Westin looks like such a stud on his pink potty... awesome!

Amanda Tippetts said...

Wow... stinky about the deer. I'm glad nobody got hurt. Good luck with the potty. My dad hates the way potty sounds so we said stinky but he hates that too. Now it is just bathroom.