Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Light, The Life, and the Hope of the World & An Easter Resolution



"...Jesus is the living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son."



Wes's Aunt Ann and Uncle Daryl came over tonight with Whitny, Bruce, and Aidan. They are visiting from UT. We got to see another of Wes's aunts, Judy, and his cousin Kelsey, last week. It was so nice to see all of them! Ann left me a little flip book with "The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles," by the First Presidency and The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. As I read the quote above, on the last page, I was again reminded of how our Savior has made it possible for us to feel peace when everything is a mess around us. I get off track so fast, but Jesus Christ really did give us the perfect example of how to love each other and remember that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. So, I take from this the need to be more loving and more faithful. I decided that I am going to make a resolution out of this...my Easter resolution.

1 comment:

Amanda Tippetts said...

It is so nice to get those reminders. If we never did, where would we be? It is like I need a jolt occasionally to get myself back on track.