Monday, May 9, 2011

1/2 Marathon, Air Show

Jade likes to try on new things. She walked out on the patio with Daddy's hat on this day. Through out the day, she brings me multiple shoes and clothes to put on her. I guess this is what a girl does.


Jade likes to play with Westin's toys.


Jade likes to play in the pantry.



Westin in a helicopter.


The Thunderbirds (above) did an show and it was pretty awesome. Westin wasn't as thrilled, but Wes and I really liked it.



Also on the 30th, we went to the Air Show at Beale Air Force Base. It was free and Westin loved seeing all the planes. Here he is sitting in the cargo plane. He was looking around at everything in awe.

I ran my first half marathon on the 30th. It was alright. The first five miles the trail was completely packed (3000 runners), and we (s local running friend, Becca, and a couple of her friends) were bobbing and weaving through the best we could. The first 9 miles we were passing people. I completely ran out of steam at the end. I actually walked on the last mile, for a little bit here and there...oops! It didn't seem like any of my long runs before had been that bad, but they had been done a month or more prior to the race. I think I would have liked to have trained better the last month., but Ragnar had been my focus. All in all in went ok with a 9.30/mile average.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Amazing!!

Andrea said...

Way to go Kierstin!

Amanda Tippetts said...

I think that is a great time and you look fabulous!