Saturday, October 29, 2011

Odds and Ends


A few pictures from a short hike we went on here in Lincoln, last Saturday. These two were made for hikes, or anything outdoors that keeps them moving.
Last week Jade walked in the room with shoes strapped on her feet, all by herself. I had to take a picture. She is growing so quick and now speaks in short sentences. The other day she said, "No Mommy! Don't do that!" I was holding her and pretending she was a tiny new baby...and making tiny new baby noises (I'm kind of a nutcase sometimes), she clearly did not like that. She is feisty, just like her brother. About the same time, I offered her some fruit and her response, "No, I talkin' on phone." She was holding my phone up to her ear and asking, "Hello? Wanna talk on phone?" She's hilarious.

We had preschool at our house this week. Westin was naughty. He definately took advantage of the fact that class was on his turf. He is a tricky one...headstrong, stubborn, and so defiant at times! Push at him and he will push harder back. Last week naps weren't working out. He just wouldn't go to sleep, so we changed things a little. Now he has "quiet time" for an hour in his room. Funny thing is that he's fallen asleep all three times that we've done it so far. He likes things on his terms and I think I need to get used to being creative to avoid control struggles. He sure is fun though and makes me laugh and smile everyday. The other day he asked for his water and quickly added, "His name is Clifford." His water bottle has a Clifford top. A few days ago he turned to Wes and said, "Tell me about work, Dad." When he wanted to bring a container with a slug in it, in the house, and I didn't want him to he responded with, "Ohhh, but he's my friend!" He said it in such a sweet voice too. He often tells me and Wes that he loves us, usually out of the blue.

No comments: