Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Westin



This little guy is the best!  Today he came in my room after quiet time and said, "Mom, I love you.  You're terrific."  He is a little tricky though, because the other day in the car he said, "Dad, I you are the best, but not Mom.  She is ridiculous (he pronounced it re dic a lus)."  Last month he said, "Good job on your running skills Mom."  He is a funny boy.  He is ooooozing with energy, but so much fun.  His sister loves the heck out of him and so do we, of course.  Jade often tells Westin, "I love you, Westin."  He is so sweet about expressing his love to us randomly and often, that I'm pretty sure he taught her to do the same.  He loves animals of all kinds.  I often play the role of mother animals of his choosing.  I have heard, "Goodnight mommy white crane, mommy poison dart frog, mommy penguin, mommy cameleon, mommy t-rex, mommy sperm whale, mommy dolphin, mommy orca..." and I haven't even got to insects!  He loves to sing, shoot his bow and arrow, shoot his dart gun, play baseball, collect snails and slugs and frogs, play with his sister, the park, walks with Dad, being read to and looking at books, and of course watch movies and TV.  He now weighs 33 lbs and is 101 inches tall.  We have a hard time containing this one at times and I have been frustrated beyond what I prefer, but that is a parent, and he is worth it.      

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Isn't it funny the things kids say. I love that he is so smart, yet so dang cute. I hope you had a great birthday week with little (now big) Westin.

Amanda Tippetts said...

He is great! What sweet things.

BrooksBlog said...

LOL! Its a good thing he is wearing his helmet! What a little stud! He is getting so big and losing all that baby chub! xoxoxox