Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Westin's Swim Team

This Summer we had Westin try out for the city swim team.  There are two teams, the Lightning Bugs (ages 4-15) and The Lightning (ages 6-15).  Westin made the Bugs!  Last weekend he had his first swim meet.  He swam 3 heats:  the breast, back, and freestyle.  It was really casual and not well organized, but it was fun watching him swim anyway.  He swam 25 meters across the pool, for each race, starting at the deep end.  He didn't win any, but we just loved watching him race.  The backstroke was especially difficult for him, but with Wes and a coach encouraging him, he finished it.  I was so proud of the little guy for not quitting!  By that last race I had taken Jade and Benson home, as that day was 108 degrees!  Fortunately the meet was in the morning, but still was 90+ by the time I left.




No comments: